Cooling sweet and astringent herb that cleanses toxins from tissues, is diuretic, controls bleeding and lowers cholesterol levels. Alfalfa also influences hormones and the circulatory and urinary systems.
4-70 mls per day, 30-200 mls per week
- Atherosclerosis and heart disease
- Diabetes, use with manganese
- It can also be used for drug rehabilitation as it alkalizes the body and helps with detoxification Contains vitamin K which is helpful in preventing blood clotting and to prevent bone loss
- Supports the pituitary gland
Major Safety Issues:
- Best avoided in oestrogen-sensitive breast cancer.
- Not to be taken during pregnancy.
- Contraindicated in autoimmune diseases.
- Contraindicated when using blood thinners or anticoagulant don’t use with any history of lupus