Bladderwrack is a herb used for hypo thryroid conditions
3-10 mls per day, 20-80 mls per week
- Thyroid stimulant
- Weight reducing
- Obesity associated with iodine deficiency
- Thyroid conditions from iodine deficiency
- Rheumatic conditions including arthritis
- Traditionally used for obesity associated with hypothyroidism
- Debility & convalescence
Major Safety Issues:
- Contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation.
- May cause transient hyperthyroidism and raised levels of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) – Bone
- At risk of heavy metal pollution due to being sourced from ocean – check where product sourced from.
- Monitor iodine levels and thyroid hormones
- May interact with thyroid replacement therapies eg. thyroxine